Many developers getting confusion on choosing Virtual Machines over Web App services in Azure. Virtual Machine and Web App services each have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Virtual Machines vs App Services
Find the listed all pros and cons of Virtual Machines and App Services .
Azure Virtual Machines – Pros and Cons
- This is called Infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- You have lot of controls on your application and has full access to the machine.
- You can move your application anywhere easily.
- You can control required OS to antivirus.
- You need to take complete responsibility on your application.
- You should be responsible for your application availability, security and performance.
- You can easily robot the machine, or IIS when your application or server not responding to resolve it quickly.
- It provides the most flexibility and the most complexity.
- You can do multiple deployments (like staging and production).
- You can upgrade the OS when required.
Azure App Services – Pros and Cons
- This is called Platform as a service (PaaS).
- You can just deploy your application in Azure app services, it will run.
- You no need to worry about OS installation, SQL installation and antivirus.
- You can easily scale your instances, also authentication, and deployment slots are available.
- But you don’t have any controls over the environment.
- You couldn’t access the servers and install anything.
- You need to raise query and depends to Microsoft Azure team to trace and resolve the outages with App Services. It will be a headache.
Other than these two other ways are there to deploy your applications in Azure.
- Azure Service Fabric