Microsoft recently released IndexNow Plugin for WordPress. This Plugin simplifies the process of submitting the URLs to search engines. In this article, I will share the details about the IndexNow plugin, and its features, and how to install/activate this plugin to your WordPress site.
What is IndexNow Plugin?
IndexNow Plugin for WordPress enables automated submission of URLs from WordPress sites to multiple search engines without the need to register and verify your site with them. Once installed, the plugin will automatically generate and host the API key on your site. It detects page creation/update/ deletion in WordPress and automatically submits the URLs in the background. This ensures that search engines will always have the latest updates about your site.
Here are some useful features offered by IndexNow Plugin,
- Submitting the URL Manually to Search Engines.
- Enable/Disable Automatic URL Submission.
- Automatic URL submitting detects the pages that created/updated/deleted without any manual process.
- View/Download recently submitted URL report with status.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions.
How to Install/Activate IndexNow Plugin to your WordPress site?
It is very simple which is like how you are installing other WordPress plugins. Here are the steps to install and activate this plugin in WordPress.
Before Installing, check out Prerequisites,
- WordPress Version 5.3 to 5.8.3
- PHP Version 5.6.20 and above.
Steps to Install and Activate IndexNow plugin
- Log in to WordPress admin panel for your WordPress site.
- Click on Plugins -> Add New.
- Search for “IndexNow”.
- You could find the one at top, and then Click Install Now button. Once installed, click on ‘Activate’ to enable plugin.
- Then go to IndexNow Link in Left Navigation of admin panel.
- Click ‘Let’s Get Started!’ button to proceed.
- Now you can control the plugin features like Toggle Automatic URL Submission, Manual URL Submission, Successful and Failed URL Submission list and Report, Option to Download the submitted URL.
Report limited to 20 Success URL and 20 Failed URL in last 48 hours.